WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
About the Website
- Welcome to https://rippleopportunities.com/ (Website). The Website provides opportunity listings (e.g. jobs, internships, grants, scholarships and more listings), resources, events and programs to educate. (Services). In some instances, the Website facilitates interactions between:
parties providing services (Provider); and
parties receiving services (Receiver),
making it easier for the Receiver and the Provider to locate, communicate, arrange payment and deliver the services in a fast and secure manner (Services).
- The Website is operated by Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL)(ACN 29 623 969 291). Access to and use of the Website, or any of its associated Products or Services, is provided by Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL). Please read these terms and conditions (Terms) carefully. By using, browsing and/or reading the Website, this signifies that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you must cease usage of the Website, or any of Services, immediately.
- Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating this page at its sole discretion. When Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) updates the Terms, it will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with notice of updates to the Terms. Any changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication. Before you continue, we recommend you keep a copy of the Terms for your records.
- Acceptance of the Terms
- You accept the Terms by remaining on the Website. You may also accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where this option is made available to you by Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) in the user interface.
- Registration to use the Services
- In order to access the Services, you must first register for an account through the Website (Account).
- As part of the registration process, or as part of your continued use of the Services, you may be required to provide personal information about yourself (such as identification or contact details), including your name and:
- Email address
- Preferred username
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- You warrant that any information you give to Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) in the course of completing the registration process will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
- In order to access some Services, you must first purchase a subscription through the Website (Subscription) and pay the applicable fee for the selected Subscription (Subscription Fee).
In purchasing the Subscription, you acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to ensure that the Subscription you elect to purchase is suitable for your use.
- Once you have completed the registration process, you will be a registered member of the Website (Member) and agree to be bound by the Terms. As a Member you will be granted immediate access to the Services from the time you have completed the registration process until the subscription period expires (Subscription Period).
- You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if:
- you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL); or
- you are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of Australia or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Services.
- Your obligations as a Member
- As a Member, you agree to comply with the following:
- you will use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by:
- the Terms; and
- any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions;
- you have the sole responsibility for protecting the confidentiality of your password and/or email address. Use of your password by any other personmay result in the immediate cancellation of the Services;
- any use of your registration information by any other person, or third parties, is strictly prohibited. You agree to immediately notify Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) of any unauthorised use of your password or email address or any breach of security of which you have become aware;
- access and use of the Website is limited, non-transferable and allows for the sole use of the Website by you for the purposes of Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) providing the Services;
- you will not use the Services or the Website in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by the management of Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL);
- you will not use the Services or Website for any illegal and/or unauthorised use which includes collecting email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorised framing of or linking to the Website;
- you agree that commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from the Website without notice and may result in termination of the Services. Appropriate legal action will be taken by Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) for any illegal or unauthorised use of the Website; and
- you acknowledge and agree that any automated use of the Website or its Services is prohibited.
- you will use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by:
- Using the Website as the Receiver
Accuracy and Endorsements
- We do not make any representations, nor warrant or guarantee, as to the accuracy, quality, completeness, currency, or validity of any information on our Website or linked to our Website.
- We do not necessarily endorse all of the content on our Website or linked to our Website. Some of the material in classified ads, press releases, and newsletters is provided by other organisations. We may, but are not obliged to, edit or control such material.
- The advice and information contained on our Website is of a general nature and does not take into account individual circumstances. It is not intended to be or replace professional advice.
- Our Website provides links to other websites. Any such links are provided purely for your convenience. We cannot be responsible for the contents (including the accuracy, legality or decency) of any linked site, or for its security or privacy measures. You must make your own enquires as to the suitability of the content of linked sites and the goods and services available from them.
- You acknowledge and agree that information published on the website is intended to provide general information in summary form.
- Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) does not endorse or recommend any of the opportunities (jobs, grants, internships etc.), business or self-employment opportunities advertised on our website and we strongly recommend that prior to entering into any agreement with any of the Providers on the website, that you obtain your own independent legal, accounting, financial or taxation advice as appropriate. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services, merchandise and other information provided through the website or on the Internet generally.
- Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple) gives no guarantee to you of the continued availability of any particular opportunity listed (advertised) on the website and will not be liable to you should an advertiser have filled the vacancy at any time prior to removal of the advertisement from the website.
- In no event will Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple) be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon any information contained on or omitted from the website.
- Using the Website as the Provider
- Opportunity listing (advertising) – It is the responsibility of advertisers to ensure they comply with the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission Act 1986 and any other anti-discrimination legislation applicable in the state in which they conduct business. Where an exemption has been granted it is the advertisers responsibility to supply the exemption number which must be included in the advertisement submitted to Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL).
- Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) will not accept advertisements that appear to be contrary to any law.
- The advertiser indemnifies Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) against all claims, actions, suits, liabilities, costs and expenses incurred on any account by Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) as a result of the listing or intended listing of any advertisement by that advertiser on https://rippleopportunities.com or any related site.
- Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) makes every effort to avoid errors in advertisements. However, we accept no responsibility or liability for any errors and require that advertisers, where possible, check their advertisements for errors as soon as they are placed on the site(s). Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) will make every effort to remedy any errors in a timely manner.
- Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) reserves the right to either reject or remove any advertisement from its site(s) for any reason.
- Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) is not liable for any loss or damage incurred by an advertiser as a result of any failure or delay in listing an advertisement
- Where the option is given to you, you may make payment for the Services (Services Fee) by way of:
- Electronic funds transfer (EFT) into our nominated bank account
- Credit Card Payment (Credit Card)
- PayPal (PayPal)
- All payments made in the course of your use of the Services are made using Stripe. In using the Website, the Services or when making any payment in relation to your use of the Services, you warrant that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Stripe terms and conditions which are available on their website.
- You acknowledge and agree that where a request for the payment of the Services Fee is returned or denied, for whatever reason, by your financial institution or is unpaid by you for any other reason, then you are liable for any costs, including banking fees and charges, associated with the Services Fee.
- All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD), and GST inclusive (10%).
- You agree and acknowledge that Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) can vary the Services Fee at any time.
- Refund Policy
Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) will only provide you with a refund of the Services Fee in the event they are unable to continue to provide the Services or if the manager of Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) makes a decision, at its absolute discretion, that it is reasonable to do so under the circumstances (Refund).
There are generally no refunds or credits made for ‘Fast Track’, ‘Amplify’ or ‘Big Vibes’ (Paid) Subscriptions or other Products and Services. However, if you believe a charge was made in error, rather than lodging a dispute, please contact us first at email@example.com so that we can resolve it quickly and arrange a refund if appropriate.
- Copyright and Intellectual Property
- The Website, the Services and all of the related products of Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) are subject to copyright. The material on the Website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the Services and compilation of the Website (including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips, Website code, scripts, design elements and interactive features) or the Services are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved by Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) or its contributors.
- All trademarks, service marks and trade names are owned, registered and/or licensed by Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL), who grants to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable license whilst you are a Member to:
- use the Website pursuant to the Terms;
- copy and store the Website and the material contained in the Website in your device’s cache memory; and
- print pages from the Website for your own personal and non-commercial use.Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) does not grant you any other rights whatsoever in relation to the Website or the Services. All other rights are expressly reserved by Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL).
- Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) retains all rights, title and interest in and to the Website and all related Services. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer any:
- business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark, industrial design, patent, registered design or copyright, or
- a right to use or exploit a business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark or industrial design, or
- a thing, system or process that is the subject of a patent, registered design or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a thing, system or process),
- You may not, without the prior written permission of Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, upload to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the Services or third party Services for any purpose, unless otherwise provided by these Terms.
- General Disclaimer
- Nothing in the Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or excluded.
- Subject to this clause, and to the extent permitted by law:
- all terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions which are not expressly stated in the Terms are excluded; and
- Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (unless such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable resulting from our failure to meet an applicable Consumer Guarantee), loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms (including as a result of not being able to use the Services or the late supply of the Services), whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise.
- Use of the Website and the Services is at your own risk. Everything on the Website and the Services is provided to you “as is” and “as available” without warranty or condition of any kind. None of the affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors and licensors of Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) make any express or implied representation or warranty about the Services or any products or Services (including the products or Services of Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL)) referred to on the Website. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
- the accuracy, suitability or currency of any information on the Website, the Services, or any of its Services related products (including third party material and advertisements on the Website);
- costs incurred as a result of you using the Website, the Services or any of the products of Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL); and
- the Services or operation in respect to links which are provided for your convenience.
- Education Services
- By using our services, you agree that Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) is not to be held liable for any decisions you make based on any of our services or guidance and any consequences, as a result, are your own. Under no circumstances can you hold Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) liable for any actions you take nor can you hold us or any of our employees liable for any loss or costs incurred by you as a result of any guidance, advice, coaching, materials or techniques used or provided by Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL).
- All our information on both the website and in consultations is intended to assist you and does not in any way, nor is it intended to substitute professional, financial or legal advice. Results are not guaranteed and Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) takes no responsibility for your actions, choices or decisions.
- Limitation of liability
- Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL)’s total liability arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the resupply of the Services to you.
- You expressly understand and agree that Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL), its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but is not limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation and any other intangible loss.
- Termination of Contract
- The Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or by Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) as set out below.
- If you want to terminate the Terms, you may do so by:
- providing Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) with 14 days’ notice of your intention to terminate; and
- closing your accounts for all of the services which you use, where Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) has made this option available to you.
Your notice should be sent, in writing, to Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) via the ‘Contact Us’ link on our homepage.
- Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) may at any time, terminate the Terms with you if:
- you have breached any provision of the Terms or intend to breach any provision;
- Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) is required to do so by law;
- the provision of the Services to you by Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) is, in the opinion of Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL), no longer commercially viable.
- Subject to local applicable laws, Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) reserves the right to discontinue or cancel your membership at any time and may suspend or deny, in its sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Website or the Services without notice if you breach any provision of the Terms or any applicable law or if your conduct impacts Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL)’s name or reputation or violates the rights of those of another party.
- You agree to indemnify Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL), its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors from and against:
- all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred, suffered or arising out of or in connection with your content;
- any direct or indirect consequences of you accessing, using or transacting on the Website or attempts to do so; and/or
- any breach of the Terms.
- Dispute Resolution
If a dispute arises out of or relates to the Terms, either party may not commence any Tribunal or Court proceedings in relation to the dispute, unless the following clauses have been complied with (except where urgent interlocutory relief is sought).
A party to the Terms claiming a dispute (Dispute) has arisen under the Terms, must give written notice to the other party detailing the nature of the dispute, the desired outcome and the action required to settle the Dispute.
On receipt of that notice (Notice) by that other party, the parties to the Terms (Parties) must:
- Within 28 days of the Notice endeavour in good faith to resolve the Dispute expeditiously by negotiation or such other means upon which they may mutually agree;
- If for any reason whatsoever, 28 days after the date of the Notice, the Dispute has not been resolved, the Parties must either agree upon selection of a mediator or request that an appropriate mediator be appointed by the President of the The Law Society of NSW Mediation Program or his or her nominee;
- The Parties are equally liable for the fees and reasonable expenses of a mediator and the cost of the venue of the mediation and without limiting the foregoing undertake to pay any amounts requested by the mediator as a pre-condition to the mediation commencing. The Parties must each pay their own costs associated with the mediation;
- The mediation will be held in Adelaide or Sydney or digitally, Australia.
All communications concerning negotiations made by the Parties arising out of and in connection with this dispute resolution clause are confidential and to the extent possible, must be treated as “without prejudice” negotiations for the purpose of applicable laws of evidence.
- Termination of Mediation:
If 30 days have elapsed after the start of a mediation of the Dispute and the Dispute has not been resolved, either Party may ask the mediator to terminate the mediation and the mediator must do so.
- Venue and Jurisdiction
- The Services offered by Y Vote Pty Ltd (t/a Ripple GL) is intended to be viewed by residents of Australia. In the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Website, you agree that the exclusive venue for resolving any dispute shall be in the courts of South Australia, Australia.
- Governing Law
- The Terms are governed by the laws of South Australia, Australia. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of South Australia, Australia, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. The validity of this governing law clause is not contested. The Terms shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
- Independent Legal Advice
- Both parties confirm and declare that the provisions of the Terms are fair and reasonable and both parties having taken the opportunity to obtain independent legal advice and declare the Terms are not against public policy on the grounds of inequality or bargaining power or general grounds of restraint of trade.
- If any part of these Terms is found to be void or unenforceable by a Court of competent jurisdiction, that part shall be severed and the rest of the Terms shall remain in force.