- 12 Month Maternity Leave Contract
- Full Time Role
- Based at West End Office
- Option to work from home 1 day a week
Synapse is Australia’s peak brain injury organisation – and we’re making Australia a more supportive and understanding place to live for people impacted by brain injury.
Our people are what make us who we are, and we have built a strong, supportive culture. So, it’s incredibly important that we find the right person to join us.
Synapse provides a range of services for people who have been impacted by brain injury. We promote quality of life, self-determination and choice through the information we distribute, our specialist supports and NDIS services, the advocacy and lobbying we are continually involved in, and the targeted research activities that we then use to create real change.
About the Role
The Senior Marketing and Communications Coordinator plays a key part in enhancing and promoting Synapse’s profile and brand. Working closely with the National Marketing and Communications Manager, as well as an in-house team, this role will assist in the delivery of annual operational strategies that align with Synapse’s strategic plan.
*Please note that this is a full-time role, located at our West End Office.
The role responsibilities include:
- implementation of internal and external strategic communications plans including B2C/B2B marketing, advocacy, fundraising and public affairs
- project management of Marketing and Communications deliverables
- supervision of Design and Digital Coordinator
- writing and creating internal and external communications including digital content, brain injury story development, internal communications, media releases and other publications.
- organising and promoting internal and external engagement activities
- monitoring and evaluating Marketing and Communications campaigns for improved performance
- initiating and maintaining relationships with Synapse ambassadors
- other marketing and communications duties as requested by the National Marketing and Communications Manager and senior Synapse management, and
- working collaboratively and efficiently with all Synapse stakeholders.
For more information about the position, please refer to our Position Description:
While qualifications and experience are important, equally as important is who you are as a person. We’re looking for someone who knows how to connect with their audience through people-centred and empathetic communication, with guidance of the internal and external communications strategic plans, and would thrive working with a creative, fun and multi-disciplinary and collaborative Marketing and Communications team where no idea is too silly or too big.
- Degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or a related discipline or at least 4 years’ marketing experience.
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience creating compelling messages across multiple channels and ability to produce a range of marketing and communication materials, including newsletters, media releases, social media postings, talking points, stakeholder letters, brochures and flyers.
- Advanced experience and skill with Microsoft Office, and experience with digital platforms and systems such as WordPress, Google Analytics, all social media platforms and understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Demonstrated experience using a CRM (Salesforce and Pardot) for marketing automation, lead management and reporting and analytics.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
*Please note that it’s a requirement prior to joining our organisation to under go a criminal history check – NDIS Worker Screening Check.
What Synapse can offer you
- Boost your take home pay with salary sacrificing options – mortgage/rent, living expenses, and entertainment
- 17% leave loading
- A warm, flexible and supportive work environment
- Dog friendly office 🙂
- Lovely West End location – cafes galore!