THE MAZDA FOUNDATION – We are dedicated to enriching Australian communities. Fostering a spirit of community involvement, the foundation supports a broad range of charitable projects with assistance and funding
PRIORITY AREAS OF FOCUS
Primary Producers facing hardship
Community based organisations with projects supporting primary producers facing hardship.
Literacy and Numeracy
Programs addressing literacy and numeracy issues amongst primary school aged children, especially remedial programs for children from disadvantaged areas.
About the Foundation
The work of the Mazda Foundation began in 1990 when it was formed to provide assistance to a broad cross section of individuals and important causes throughout Australia.
Since inception the Foundation has provided in excess of $15.8 million to various projects and activities throughout Australia.
The Mazda Foundation’s aims and objectives include (but are not limited to) the provision of financial aid to funds, authorities and institutions which qualify for income tax deductibility for gifts and which provide:
- assistance to young people through education and employment skills development, with particular emphasis on children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- assistance in the advancement of education and achievement of excellence at all levels in the community.
- assistance in the development of technology, to help improve Australia’s international competitiveness.
- assistance towards the maintenance and improvement of the natural environment.
- assistance to address community needs identified by the Mazda Foundation from time to time.
- assistance in research, feasibility, surveys and other background work in relation to any of the above aims and objectives.
- Substantial contributions to the Mazda Foundation have been made by Mazda Motor Corporation, Japan and Mazda Australia. Further contributions continue to be made by Mazda Australia, supported by the Mazda Dealer Network.