ReGen backs early-stage founders who are building regenerative technology companies across the planet. We love meeting founders who alter our understanding of what’s possible.
ReGen exists to become the world’s foremost early-stage regenerative technology investor. We are in love with the potential for regenerative technologies to enhance and enrich the lives of everyday people.
We partner with people who are possessed with passion to change the world for the better. These formidable teams dare to reimagine our human relationship with the physical world in order to design products and services that restore the world from the atom up. At ReGen, we are their partners and share their audacious ambitions.
We’re a global fund, headquartered in Australia and California. Founded in 2021, we’ve closed our first fund and made our first 15 investments. We wear wet-suits, not suits. We love to be outdoors, and we love doing things a bit differently to your average VC firm.
We stand at a unique moment in history. A moment that future historians will look back on and marvel with disbelief that so many historically significant technologies reached critical stages of inflection in tandem. The simultaneous convergence of technological inflections combined with the infinite potential of human ingenuity makes it plausible that we can build a regenerative future in our lifetime. Our duty is to ensure we don’t squander such an opportunity.
The Role: Head of Finance
We’d love a self-starter who can define this role and make it their own. The ways in which it could evolve are limitless. Just as we love meeting founders who alter our understanding of what is possible, we want you to do the same.
Primarily, responsibilities will include:
- Financials & Reporting:
- Real-time financial insights: Keeping real-time accounts and providing strategic visibility across our business.
- Quarterly accounts: Producing quarterly accounts for our fund(s) and ReGen’s management company.
- Fund administration: Managing the capital call process, distributions and other unit register matters. You will have a direct relationship with our (un)Limited Partners (aka our investors).
- Investor reporting: Deliver accurate quarterly NAV statements and holding statements to investors and managing investor queries pertaining to their unit holdings.
- Managing audit/tax: Managing annual fund audit/tax processes i.e. be the primary point of contact for our auditors (PwC) and tax advisors (EY).
- Budgeting & Payroll:** Owning and maintaining budgets and cash flow for fund entities and ReGen’s management company and running payroll.
- Operations & Compliance:
- Automation/Streamlining: Determining what existing and new finance processes can be improved, and then optimising and automating them.
- Compliance: Helping ensure we are compliant with our internal policies and reporting requirements and applicable external regulations (e.g. AFSL,FATCA, CRS, ATO, US & foreign regulators).
- Strategic projects: Leading strategic projects from time to time. This could include helping ReGen achieve certain operational assurance standards or helping bring certain outsourced operational functions in-house over time.
- If ReGen were a startup, we’d have just raised our Seed round. We’ve got so much to do and build in service of our mission. We’re looking for an action-oriented superstar who loves to create, dream and execute and who will help us create a new kind of venture firm!
- 4-7 years of relevant experience with CPA, CA or equivalent qualifications, preferably with some experience in fund accounting.
- Bonus points: If you have experience in startup finance/ VC.
- Have strong accounting, communication and organisational skills.
- Data driven and have a tendency to use technology to automate repetitive finance and operational tasks.
- You are naturally proactive and driven, can get stuff done from first principles.
- Have exceptional attention to detail and are capable of owning your output to an exceptional standard – what we call “ReGen Quality”.
- Are confident with managing third party service providers.
- Have a passion for climate technology & a founder mentality – everyone takes the bins out at ReGen.
- We’re looking for someone to be based on the East Coast of Australia, preferably in our head office Byron Bay alongside four of our core team members.
If you are excited by this role but don’t feel you meet every one of those criteria – please still apply! We hire more for attitude than skillset and know skills can be learned.
- We pay competitive salary and meaningful carried interest (aka upside, similar to equity).
- Four weeks paid vacation.
- Flexible working.
- Paid parental leave.
- Working on personal growth with our roster of world class coaches (Chip Richards, Alex Auerbach, Jerry Colonna).
- Annual learning and development budget.
- Complimentary wetsuit and surf lessons.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our company and broader society, so we strive to create a working environment where everyone feels heard and valued for their contributions, no matter who they are.
As such, we welcome everyone to apply for this role, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in our industry including, but not limited to: people from diverse race and ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQI+ folks, women, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen), and people of any age or family status.
Please apply here.
If you have any questions about the application process or timeline please reach out to email@example.com. Thank you!