Job Title: Head of Grants & Impact / Grants and Impact Lead
Location: Sydney, NSW
Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer
Time Commitment: 4 – 5 days/week
We are looking for a visionary who challenges the status quo, thinks at a systemic level, engages hands-on in grassroots efforts, builds enduring relationships, and exhibits a keen, investigative curiosity when needed. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What you’d be doing in this role
The Head of Grants and Impact will play a pivotal role in the team, overseeing three key areas of responsibility:
- Strategy: Setting the strategic direction for the venture philanthropy side of the organisation, you will focus on growing and optimising the allocation of funds to early-stage social purpose organisations (SPOs).
- Impact: Designing and implementing a holistic impact measurement framework to showcase and amplify the effectiveness, value, and impact of the 10×10 model.
- SPO Ecosystem: Take charge of cultivating, expanding, and overseeing a robust ecosystem of innovative, early-stage SPOs. By managing this ecosystem, your role will ensure that 10×10 remains at the forefront of impactful early stage social
You’re probably a match for this role if;
- You have a deep and genuine passion for philanthropy and impact.
- You have 5+ years of experience in grant making and/or managing major giving, including solid working knowledge of charitable regulations and structures for philanthropic impact.
- You can spot and create meaningful relationships with innovative and emerging SPOS, while understanding the funding challenges they face.
- You can identify unique funding opportunities, write compelling proposals, and manage complete grant lifecycles.
- You possess a proficient understanding of financial modelling, financial reporting, and grant budget management.
- You are familiar with diverse cultural contexts across the social purpose sector.
- You thrive in a small team environment with a strategic mindset and hands-on involvement.
- You are values-driven, collaborative, and dedicated to driving social impact.
About our org
Founded in 2013 in Sydney, Australia, 10×10 is a registered charity with a mission to empower the next generation of change-makers. With a focus on boosting innovative, grassroots social purpose organisations (SPOs) dedicated to addressing social issues.
By collaborating with teams of dedicated volunteers across the globe, we have successfully hosted 130+ crowdfunding events across 7 countries, raising over $5.5 million for 340 early-stage and innovative SPOs.
Now, with a recent collaboration with the newly founded $650M Community Capital Credit Fund, 10×10 can amplify its impact even further. This collaboration aims to support eligible SPOs, with 10×10 facilitating the grant-making framework through which Community Capital Credit Fund will allocate $15-20 million to the most talented Australian social entrepreneurs, expediting the implementation of grassroots programs aimed at resolving inequity and social challenges.
We have designed a robust process so we can get to know each other and ensure it’s the right fit both ways:
1. To apply please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please detail why you are interested in joining the 10×10 team and what unique value you can bring to our team.
2. Phone Screen: A brief 15-minute phone interview with Lauren, our Executive Business Partner. This serves as a quick opportunity for us to understand your strengths and address any initial inquiries you may have.
3. In-Person Interview: A formal face-to-face interview with Michele, our CEO.
4. Task Assignment and 2nd Interview: You will be given a relevant task to showcase your skills and expertise. During the interview, you will have the opportunity to present your work to us.
5. Final Meeting: An informal coffee discussion with Michael, our Chair.
6. Offer: The final step in the process will be the job offer.