Embarking on our data and insights journey, we are committed to crafting a role that aligns with our vision, ensuring the advertised position and the selected candidate are poised for success in our dynamic environment.
About Orange Sky
Do you have a passion for helping people? At Orange sky we are on a mission to Positively Connect Communities and we do this by providing the world’s-first free mobile laundry and shower service to people experiencing homelessness. We offer a platform for everyday Australians to connect by creating a safe, positive and supportive environment for people who are too often ignored or who feel disconnected from the community.
As the data subject matter expert (SME), you will contribute to, and execute on an organisational wide data insights strategy, influencing a strong data culture across the organisation to help improve data literacy at all levels. In this role you will be required to draw insights from internal and external data to derive current and emerging trends in the homelessness space which will proactively support our mission to positively connect communities.
We are actively seeking an individual who not only appreciates the power of data but also gets excited about unravelling the compelling stories it can tell. The ability to articulate these narratives through numbers is a key attribute we value. If you are a visionary storyteller, eager to forge connections, unafraid of pushing boundaries, and someone who excels in ideation, we invite you to join our team. We are looking for an individual who places a strong emphasis on cultivating meaningful relationships, recognising that this skill is essential for our collaborative and innovative environment. Your unique combination of ideation prowess, storytelling vision, and dedication to fostering connections align seamlessly with our mission. While candidates from diverse backgrounds are welcome, a background in finance or economics is considered advantageous but not mandatory for this role.
Join us in contributing to making a positive difference in our organisation.
In a nutshell, this role will:
- Analyse internal and external data sets to extract meaningful insights that can drive strategic decisions.
- Proactively identify trends, patterns, and correlations in data to help stakeholders make informed decisions.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal stakeholders, understanding their data needs and providing tailored solutions.
- Implement best practices for data visualisation to enhance data understanding.
- Document data analysis processes, methodologies, and insights for reference and knowledge sharing.
- Create and maintain data models to ensure accurate representation of organisational data.
- Develop and maintain Power BI dashboards and reports that effectively communicate data-driven insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Convinced this is the role for you? Tick some boxes!
To be successful at Orange Sky, you need a genuine passion for our cause. We are a very supportive environment and want to give you the tools and opportunities to stretch and grow, within a team that genuinely wants to see you succeed. We want likeminded, intrinsically motivated people who’re keen to jump on board and hit the ground running. You’ll be cool and collected, bringing your solid stakeholder management skills to work autonomously in a super-fast paced environment.
Orange Sky is a fun place, but also a serious business with lots of moving parts. You know how to have lots of balls in the air that can’t be dropped and think on the fly. You’re self-disciplined, can turn your hand to a variety of tasks, and you just get things done. We’re looking for someone with a genuine love of data as well as a passion for connection with internal and external stakeholders.
At Orange Sky, we are committed to ensuring “You are Better for being Orange” that is every one of our volunteers, friends, and supporters, all while working together towards delivering our mission. And as part of the Orange Sky team, you are no exception. You not only get to work with an outstanding bunch of high-performing people, but you’re supported to continue your own personal growth and development in an inclusive and flexible environment, with benefits including:
- Attractive and fair remuneration package based on industry benchmarking;
- Attractive salary packaging options – up to $15,900 tax free per year;
- Flexible approach to work;
- Development thought the Orange Sky My Career Pathway
- Professional development fund (both formal and informal learning opportunities);
- Recognition program that includes a paid-out reward scheme and gifted leave;
- Additional leave including Orange Sky public holiday and gifted leave for high performance;
- 6-12 weeks paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week for secondary caregivers, including superannuation in addition to the 18 weeks paid parental leave from the government. Plus support for parents returning to work;
- Wellness initiatives and an Employee Assistance Program;
- Dog friendly offices – bring your (furry) best mate with you to work.
We are committed to facilitating a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodations, we welcome you to let us know so we can work with you to participate fully in our recruitment experience