IGA Community Chest grants are a community support fund that is made up of a percentage of sales of IGA branded products/ and selected Community Co product lines.
Throughout the year IGA stores select a local group or charity to donate all of the money that has been collected at the store. Typically stores support local community groups, not-for-profit organisations and other worthy causes.
The Community Chest program has raised over $80 million for local community groups, not-for-profit organisations, charities and other worthy causes over the past 8 years. This money has assisted over 8,000 worthwhile causes to date, and with an average of $4m being allocated each year from the Community Chest it’s set to help hundreds and thousands of new causes in the years to come.
IGA beneficiaries are chosen based on a range of criteria that can include the groups’ level of engagement in the local community, it’s promotion of health, fitness and wellbeing, and how much the group adds value to the community.
IGA Community Chest accepts submissions from community groups, charities and other worthy causes all year round, and they have a tiered system for choosing beneficiaries.
1) For local activities, the beneficiaries are chosen by the local stores (excl Victoria)
2) Regional activities are chosen by the region or group of stores
3) State beneficiaries are chosen in consultation with the State Executive and Board.
How to Apply
If you would like to become an IGA Community Chest beneficiary, it is best to approach your local IGA store directly with a well-prepared pitch. Your pitch should include;
- An overview of your organisation and/or the individual that you’d like supported;
- What support are you looking for – monies, donations of goods, providing team jumpers, holding regular fundraising at the store, group registrations at the store, etc
- How the donation will be used and your timing.
- Is there anything you can offer in return to IGA?
- Include your contact details